pinknews

Used to send a weekly newsletter. To subscribe, email me at ctmock@yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ star comes out

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ star comes out
Copyright by The Chicago Free Press
October 16, 2006

NEW YORK—“Grey’s Anatomy” star T.R. Knight says he is gay, but hopes people do not consider that “the most interesting part of me.”

The 33-year-old actor addressed rumors of his sexuality in a statement to People magazine last week.

“I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I’d like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there,” Knight’s statement read. “While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I’m gay isn’t the most interesting part of me.”

Knight plays Dr. George O’Malley on the popular ABC drama. A former stage actor, his television credits also include “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” and “Law & Order: Criminal Intent.”

Knight’s “Grey’s Anatomy” character, a bumbling, puppy-eyed surgeon, has long been in love with Dr. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo).

Knight’s revelation came after reports of tension on the set of “Grey’s Anatomy” following the use of an anti-gay slur by another star on the show, Isaiah Washington. The slur could cost Washington his job, sources said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home